- Parking places for disabled visitors can be found near the entrance and near the Paderborn village, behind the restaurant “Im Weißen Ross”.
- Wheelchairs can be borrowed in the entrance building.
- There are disabled toilets.
- It is possible to arrange lifts with a horse cart for persons with a walking disability. In most of our historical buildings we provide ramps to facilitate access for wheelchair users.
- We have signposted the routes that are suitable for wheelchair users.
- A map for wheelchair users is available from the Info-Team. Please note: Some of the routes are not paved.
- Guided tours for blind and visually impaired visitors can be booked.
- Please ask our Info-Team about guided tours for deaf and hearing-impaired, as well as for mentally disabled visitors.
You want to spend the most beautiful day in life in the LWL-Open-Air Museum Detmold? It is possible to rent the house Zeddies in Paderborn village for weddings. The room can be equipped with a maximum of 35 seats. For museum visitors it is closed during the ceremony. Sanitary installations are there aswell. You will find in Paderborn village beautiful scenes for your wedding photos.
The fee for using the room, the cleaning and decoration as well as an fixed rate for the entrance fee is currently 175 euros. The appointments will be fixed by the register office Detmold (phone +49 5231 977 663).
It is possible to take photos on the museum site for private purposes. For commercial use of the photos as well as the use of tripods or flash lights, however, you need the approval of the Museum Management.
Your dog is welcome to the museum when put on a lead. However, dogs are not allowed in the museum buildings.The pastures and the green areas at the edge of the path are used as forage areas for our animals. That´s why we kindly ask you to pick up your dogs’ feces, because the excrements are very unhygienic in the food and can make our animals sick. You can find specific bags for the feces at the entrance.
Due to the high risk of fire in our museum, smoking is not allowed. There are, however, designated “smokers’corners”.
You can rent for a small fee a handcart in the museum shop.
Bicycles, running bikes, roller skates
Bicycles, running bikes, roller skates and similar wheels are not allowed in our museum.